Oh the deep, deep love of Jesus,
Vast, unmeasured, boundless free!
Rolling as a mighty ocean
In its fullness over me.
Underneath me,
All around me
Is the current of His love;
Leading onward,
Leading homeward
To my glorious rest above.
As I sang through this hymn last night, my heart began to think about this incredible love of God. VAST – UNMEASURED – BOUNDLESS – FREE!!!
I don’t think most of us have a really good handle on God’s love for us. UNDERNEATH ME – ALL AROUND ME – IS THE CURRENT OF HIS LOVE!!
We often make comments when we are so busy like – I am BURIED or I am DROWNING with work, housework, cooking, cleaning, paperwork, homework, laundry, phone calls, emails, errands to run, kids activities, church activities– etc.
Do we ever think about being totally engulfed (or buried) in His love? ROLLING LIKE A MIGHTY OCEAN – IN ITS FULLNESS OVER ME.
Do we allow the current of His love to move us through this life – heading us homeward? To our glorious rest above!
I just had a picture come to my mind of someone floating along in an inner tube, going with the current – totally dependent on the direction of the current.
God is love – I John 4:8b
He Himself is our peace – Ephesians 2:14
Love and peace ~ Sounds good to me!
~To the Glory of His Name!
Love the picture of floating along in the inner tube..relaxing in the sunny 'current of His Love'. But then...you hit the rapids! Yikes! Thankfully, we're STILL in the current of His Love...even when hanging on for dear life!! Thanks for sharing such God-focused thoughts / word-pictures.
ReplyDelete