Friday, June 13, 2014

JOURNEY TO UGANDA


Plot Twists
 I just love a good story, don't you? It is so exciting when the plot changes suddenly and unexplainably.  The anticipation of what will happen next is what keeps us engaged in either a book, a movie or a storyteller.
Have you thought about the many 'plot twists' in God's Word? The very first time you read Jonah, did you really expect him to be swallowed by a big fish?  And survive? What about Joseph with his dreams of his brothers bowing down to him, did you ever think he would have been sold to the Egyptians, unjustly accused and put in prison for years, only to become the first in command under Pharaoh and save his family from dying of starvation? What about Moses, did you ever guess that after being placed in a basket in the Nile, having a 'burning bush' experience, leading God's people out of Egypt and to the Promised Land that in the end he would only be able to look at it from a distance and not go in himself? Or Esther the Jewess becoming the Queen of Persia? Really?
In fact, the entire Bible is FILLED with plot twists – just read Revelation!!
What about when God brings a 'plot twist' into your life?  Oops, it got quiet all of the sudden.

Some plot twists are HUGE – like death, disease, divorce, a major move, marriage, a new baby or a new job. Others are shorter term – like a flat tire, running out of gas, a broken AC in the summertime, a failed class, or a cold.  Then there are those that affect us daily – like missing the green light and having to wait FOREVER for it to come around again! Tripping on the sidewalk and skinning our knee, or pouring rain when the weatherman says it is supposed to be sunny and we are not prepared or not having that one ingredient for your new recipe that you've already started!!
We tend to think of a 'plot twist' being something negative but in reality, when God changes things, then it is the very best it could possibly be for us and for all of those around us. Maybe even for many whom we don't even know.

So why did I bring up 'Plot Twists' today? Because I've had a few lately and I'm learning that it is rather fun to see what is going to happen next.

I can't believe it has been about four months since I have posted.  I really need to get better at it if I am going to post while on my trip to Uganda in August. I will try to update you quickly.
I am so thankful for the Lord's provision. He is showing me again and again how He is providing for me in every way.
#1 As of this week all of the finances have come in!! Praise God!!!
#2 I was able to get on the exact same flights as some missionary friends who are flying to .....Kampala!!! And on the return flights with a couple from their team.
#3 The flights are simple  - San Francisco to Dubai  - overnight - and Dubai to Entebbe the next morning. God is so good!  The return flights are the same just backward.
#4 All shots and medical needs are taken care of  with the exception of one trip need to Member Services for some paperwork.
Now for the plot twists!!
#1 - Some situations have changed and Stephanie will not be accompanying me on this trip.  This trip may help me to better assess the needs and  prepare to take a team over next time.
#2 - Some details that I thought were taken care of (like getting to and from San Francisco) have changed so God has another plan - I just don't know it yet, although He has given me two possibilities already.
#3 - Time is going too fast!!! My grandson is playing baseball in the Tournament of Champions and also made it on the All Star Little League team. So baseball games continue longer than anticipated and this Gramma loves watching her grandson play ball!!  However, it does make for less time to get everything ready.
Like reading a great book, I am excited to see what God is going to do next few weeks and just how all of these 'plot twist' will fall into play.  He is the greatest writer and storyteller so I know it's going to be good.  

"A man's heart plans his way but the LORD directs his steps."  ~ Pr. 16:9
 
I am thankful to have Him directing my steps. And how thankful I am for each of you who are praying for me. May God richly bless you.
Until next time...
~ Serving Him with Great Joy!!
Pam
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Really liked your 'plot twist' theme. You are so right...the Bible is chuck-full of exciting and unexpected "twists and turns"! God is a great story-teller, for sure ~ and He is writing an amazing story through your humble obedience. So excited to see how all your plot-twists turn out...for His glory! :)

    ReplyDelete