Friday, March 18, 2011

A purpose

Now I need to address the purpose of this blog. What exactly is the definition of ‘purpose’?

PURPOSE

1.      An anticipated outcome that is intended or that guides your planned actions

2.      what something is used for (like this blog)

3.      The quality of being determined to do or achieve something ( as in being a person of purpose)

I’m really not sure about the purpose of this blog.  I just knew God wanted me to start it up. I have no idea where it will lead.  If you are reading it then you have been “INVITED” to do so. At some point, however, He may ask me to open it up to anyone who happens upon it. 

As I began this adventure God directed me to this verse:


2 CORINTHIANS 11:3          

But I am afraid that, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, your minds will be led astray from the simplicity and purity of devotion to Christ.

I began to see that since we are so easily led astray by the craftiness of the enemy, we need reminders, verses, words, phrases, paragraphs, that will draw us to ‘the simplicity and purity of our devotion to Christ” and help us to stay there.

So I would say that is the purpose of Country Shalom.  It is to share what He brings our way to help and encourage one another in our walk with God.  It’s about what He is teaching us through others, circumstances and most importantly through His Word.

Country Shalom is a place where we can go to be fed.  So get your cup of coffee (or tea J) and visit Country Shalom to be encouraged to live totally devoted to Christ!

~To the GLORY of His Name!

 13 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.                                                 Romans 15:13 (NIV )


3 comments:

  1. Hi! This is really Alice...but I just can't seem to get rid of the "Mom" ID that's attached to my kids' blogs. Sorry about that. Wow ~ this is exciting! I can't wait to get my tea and see what all God is going to teach me down at 'Country Shalom'...simple peace. Love that name. Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete